Wednesday 6 August 2014

Moment

Day Two Hundred Eighteen [Wylies Baths, Coogee, NSW]

Defined in the dictionary as 'a very brief period of time', It's the 'moments' that can turn an ordinary photograph, in to something interesting.


Take my shot from this morning for example. Absolutely nothing going for it technically, focus is off, blurry, harsh highlights, but it's the man arching his back as he limbers up, before taking his dive in to the chilly ocean pool for a few morning laps, that is one of those moments that gives it the interest.

So far this year during my Sunny Side Up Project,  I've been so focussed on creating the perfect landscape/seascape sunrise image, that I forget that it's these moments, that can keep things interesting and exciting. So all this month, and over the remaining few months of SSUP, I'll be hoping to catch a few more of these moments as I wander the coastline. Don't get me wrong I'll still be waiting and wishing for the perfect sunrise. But until I find that perfect sunrise, I'll have my eyes peeled and camera ready, to capture as many unique moments as I can.

Matt.

meimages.net



Q: What do you think, do you agree or should I have just thrown this one on the scrap heap?

Feel free to leave an answer/comment below.

No comments:

Post a Comment